Transfer Steering Committee
In fall 2016, Michigan community colleges and universities established a statewide Transfer Steering Committee, with representatives from more than 30 colleges and universities to guide a more robust transfer student agenda. The Transfer Steering Committee’s mission is to increase associate and bachelor’s degree completion among transfer students from all backgrounds. The objective is to make the overall transfer experience more efficient, easy to understand, and simple to navigate while optimizing credit transfer.
The Transfer Steering Committee, with the support of Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) and the Michigan Association of State Universities (MASU) are using several strategies to achieve this objective, including:
• Replacing the Michigan Transfer Network
• Developing multi-institutional associate to bachelor’s degree transfer pathways
• Aligning mathematics requirements within programs of study
• Increasing awards of academic credit for military experience
• Spotlighting best practices to improve transfer student success
• Producing and utilizing data on transfer student outcomes
The Michigan Association of State Universities, in partnership with the Michigan Community College Association (MCCA), are pleased to feature the MiTRANSFER e-newsletter, to provide updates on statewide, multi-institutional and cross-sector initiatives that impact the student transfer experience in Michigan.