Michigan's fifteen public universities strongly believe in being accountable to the state's residents. Accountability is achieved through a number of different openness and reporting systems.
MASU is pleased to point to a variety of accountability resources for the public to use to evaluate why an education at a public Michigan university is an affordable, effective investment.
- The State School Aid Act of 1979 (Act 94 of 1979) - Article III - State Aid for Universities and Student Financial Aid (Annual appropriations act for state universities)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS; United States Department of Education)
- MI School Data (State of Michigan)
- Michigan House Fiscal Agency - Higher Education
- Michigan Senate Fiscal Agency - Higher Education
- Michigan Department of Treasury - Student Financial Services Bureau - 2015-16 Annual Report [PDF]
- Student Achievement Measure
- Voluntary System of Accountability
- The Institute for College Access & Success - Project on Student Debt - Michigan